The Planted Tank Forum banner

4ft Iwagumi Rescape

7084 46
Hi there .. Well i've been in planted tank a long time but still a noob because of my lazyness to research or something .. haha ... here's my current tank scape ...planning to make iwagumi scape this time.

Specs :
Tank size : 4ft x 2 x 1.5
Lighting : Two unit of Dymax PLL 110w
Equipment : 2 canister filter installed in series (one is mechanical and another is biofilter), high cfm fans
CO2 : 9kg tank , manual regulator, needle valve, buble counter, two check valve, Mr.Aqua CO2 diffuser
Substrate : amazonia II with holland sand
Fert : Flourish Excel

Project will start today after i done buying some stuff
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
excel on a 90? you got more money than i do. excel isnt a fert, its an sub for your C02 that you already have. even though i swear by excel on small tanks i have to say sub the excell for a seachem flourish. Excel wont stop your plants from turning yellow. all that aside dont be discouraged and keep going. i would love to see pictures of you tank as it grows in!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my water chiller fan broke

and i had to find a temp. fan . here it is .. its a little bit bigger that the chiller so it will be placed at the back blowing to the condensor.

and guess where i got it .. :icon_roll

the fan will be powered by a pc PSU i had laying around in my room.

about the part of more rocks .. any suggestion on where to put it ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
was the fan rattling/making a lot of noise or did it just stop working? If the fan just stopped working the motor probably overheated and you should check the cooling fins and give them a good cleaning (this will also improve efficiency :) )

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well . its just stopped .. when i turn the thing on, it makes a few turn and stopped .. the thing wants to turn but it looks like it stuck .. even if i turn it, it just stop after a second.. does that means its overheated ?

p/s: to others, i will post the picture tomorrow.. water too cloudy tonight .. and my camera battery ran out of juice .. charging now ..:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
oh, goodness.

i love cherry barbs so much. i had 4 of them in my 10g tank and they are such happy and inquisitive little fish. and so pretty when they're colored up.

your layout looks much less anatomically correct now. :) great rock placement. looking forward to seeing your plants grow in!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.