The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
nova extreeme

I have one of the NOVA extreeme fixtures. Its the same style as that one except mine has 4 bulbs and LEDs. The fan is loud and the feet break very easy. I have to super glue them back on and then they still break. I dont even use it right now. The bulbs are very hard to replace as well. It is a good price though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That Nova Extreme fixture (2 bulb) does not have fans, so its pretty much silent. I have 3 of the exact same fixture, just the 36" length.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes, it is a decent fixture. Current USA sells repaired new (returned items damaged during shipment) and refurbished fixtures on Ebay for cheaper than brand new retail.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I started out w/ the newer Nova w/ the contoured reflectors, and the fans they use are a little loud for me.
I switched to the older Nova, non contoured reflectors, and has LEDs mounted, and big difference, much quieter.
I also suggest checking ebay for refurbed units, many look brand new(They are local here, and I've seen the pallets of refurbs)
I'd look for the one w/ LEDs, quiet, and look awesome at night w/ moons.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have 2 older models without the SLR reflector and standoff legs and 1 newer one that does. These are all the 2 bulb models that do not have a fan so they are silent. The 4+ bulb models are the ones with fans afaik.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts