The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plugged it in- on for 15min. Then goes off, now won't turn on. I can't return to amazon as of the 14. And I literally just bought the bulbs to use it lmao bummer. I would appreciate any help. Is there are a Hagen warranty? Worst case can I replace the ballast?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not certain about your individual situation, but Hagen does put warranties on most of their products. I Have a Fluval C2 manufactured by Hagen and had a faulty impeller not long after I purchased it. I contacted them online and they sent a new impeller out shortly and I haven't had problems since. You didn't get any paperwork in the box or anything? Was this a new or used item? If you bought it new then it should have at least a years limited manufacturers warranty, if not a 2 year.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I was thinking of this brand for a DIY and then I encounter some threads about how unreliable their ballasts are.

If you just bought it, you shoudl be able to get warranty on it through Hagen if you don't want to bother with Amazon. Amazon may do an exchange since they're usually good with returns.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot everyone I will keep everyone posted. I just bought a RELIABLE nova extreme fixture with free bulbs for 90 bucks. That's 50 cheaper than Hagen with out paying for bulbs lmao. Anyways Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts