The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try and keep this short. Today i was at my LFS (Love um) They had a large amount of used aquarium stuff. I spy-ed this fixture plugged it...it's mine now. Ok I have 2 goldfish tanks, over both are Coralife aqualights 120W. In our summer that room gets so hot. I have been wanting one of these lights for quite some time. This tank is heavily filled with Anubius on driftwood.
Both lamps in it now are for salt. What bulbs would you buy for this fixture???
Ohh did I mention I paid 10.00 for it :bounce::bounce::bounce:

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsU...7/cl0/coralifefwt5aqualightdoublestriplight48

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I'll try and keep this short. Today i was at my LFS (Love um) They had a large amount of used aquarium stuff. I spy-ed this fixture plugged it...it's mine now. Ok I have 2 goldfish tanks, over both are Coralife aqualights 120W. In our summer that room gets so hot. I have been wanting one of these lights for quite some time. This tank is heavily filled with Anubius on driftwood.
Both lamps in it now are for salt. What bulbs would you buy for this fixture???
Ohh did I mention I paid 10.00 for it :bounce::bounce::bounce:

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsU...7/cl0/coralifefwt5aqualightdoublestriplight48
Lucky duck!!

I just ordered a 30' for my 36 bowfront.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you used this light before??
I really can't believe that I snagged this puppy. Ohh she had some incredible lights mainly for large tanks.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Have you used this light before??
I really can't believe that I snagged this puppy. Ohh she had some incredible lights mainly for large tanks.
I have not used this light before. But from what I hear, it is a great light for the price.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to have the look of 9325 to bring out the reds/orange colors of the fish. Love that bulb. When I started buying light fixtures I bought CF coralife 65W and just swap around the tanks if there is a problem and there always is Coralife ballasts errrrrr.
I guess what I'm asking is what are the options with this light bulb wise.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like this light....for what I am using it for mainly Anubius...
This summer it will really come in handy with reduced heat in our home... For 10.00 could not be happier~~~

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I really like the bulb combo that comes standard with these fixtures- which I believe is the "plant grow" and 10k?

$10 is an awesome deal! IMO these are some of the best fixtures ever for low tech tanks. I was really bummed to hear that Coralife has D/Cd them in favor of just T5HOs.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Laura did not know about the DC. This is as low tec as you can get. Bare bottom & heavy planted Anubius on driftwood..we're talking goldfish here LOL. If I could snag 2x24" ones cheap I would... love this fixture. Our 24x24 cube that is a similar setup they would be great!!! TY Laura

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I really like the bulb combo that comes standard with these fixtures- which I believe is the "plant grow" and 10k?

$10 is an awesome deal! IMO these are some of the best fixtures ever for low tech tanks. I was really bummed to hear that Coralife has D/Cd them in favor of just T5HOs.
I did not know about them being discontinued. I hope the bulbs for them keep selling. I wonder, if I were to use the HO bulbs, would they still power up, but provide the light of a NO bulb? lol I love this fixture too much to give it up. (I have the 30")

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.