The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Burn some more money. I hate to say it but you got taken. If you are still in the contract return time do so.

I can't remember the brand name but there is a company out there that sells these high priced systems that are nothing more than water softeners and filters that you can get at Home Depot for about $1000.

And without knowing what this system does we really can't answer the question.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No contract, I can return it when ever I want. Its better than RO or any other water filter on the market. Its plumbed for everything on the property.
The main filter removes everything from the water, making it soft. Florida water is liquid rock. 10+dkh

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Yeah, I hear florida's water is very hard... This thing has a life-time warrenty so I guess that's a good deal.
Pricey though.

Well, you need to put back some of the suff you took out when getting your water ready for plants.. You're going to need to put back calcium, magnesium (2-3dkh) and addition to the other nutrients.. There's a guide for dosing nutrients floating around here.

ps. How do plants in the everglades do it? Maybe you just grow native plants. You have plenty down there... I know it's an after thought but....

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its rock water. Hardest water in the country. The membranes are free for life
and its warranty is lifetime. Its better than RO water. Ill need some calcium
and magnesium, well I have Epsom salts I guess I need some calcium

·
Banned
388 Posts
Its rock water. Hardest water in the country. The membranes are free for life
and its warranty is lifetime. Its better than RO water. Ill need some calcium
and magnesium, well I have Epsom salts I guess I need some calcium
Been to texas recently? We have a limestone aquifer too. My fish are perfectly happy in tap.You got sold man. :/

·
Registered
375 Posts
WOW! They saw you coming! Look at my location, i'm in Florida. Cocoa Beach! I know all about the crap water supply.

for 300$ you could have had an RO/DI system. I use the RO side for drinking water, and the DI side for the tanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you're ok spending that, good for you. :) That shows dedication to this hobby, that is for sure. ;)

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I didnt pay that much that's just what they sell them to the public for.
I paid for the installation only $390+tax. It has a silver ion carbon filter with
a regular potassium brine tank. There's no other silver ion carbon filter like it out on the market like it. I have for the house mainly not just for the tanks.
I also have regular rock water for the tanks. But if this thing filters water for NASA then it should make my drinking water drinkable. This thing is sweet

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Hmm.... I can think of a lot of things that NASA does that I would not have confidence in.

Want to take a shuttle flight? Pretty poor odds there.

Want to launch your ¼-½ billion dollar satellite? I seem to recall they lost four boosters on the launch pad a while back.

And NASA is pretty much the definition of Government waste and mismanagement.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hmm.... I can think of a lot of things that NASA does that I would not have confidence in.

Want to take a shuttle flight? Pretty poor odds there.

Want to launch your ¼-½ billion dollar satellite? I seem to recall they lost four boosters on the launch pad a while back.

And NASA is pretty much the definition of Government waste and mismanagement.
Oh the stories I could tell you about the time I used to work out there. They give micro-management a whole new meaning! And that's just for starters.

I always ask people who talk to me that say they want to go work out there, "do you like being married?"

Anyways, I guess if your happy with the unit, then more power to ya. I have worked out there, and I know what they use for drinking water, and it's not that!

How does the water test since you've had it installed?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.