The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I'm trying to decide between a number of light fixtures, which I don't remember even existing a few years ago but oh well. Looking for an LED for a high tech 45P (12" height) with co2. Looking to grow a solid carpet of HC or UG at the bottom. Currently I'm looking at the following options:

Archaea Slim-Pro
Finnex Fugeray
Finnex Planted +
Finnex Ray II
Current Satellite Plus Pro (18"-24")
Ecoxotic E Series (18")

So my question is, out of these (or any others you'd recommend) which are going to work and which are going to give me nothing but algae despite the co2.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking the satellite + pro is going to be the way to go with all the special features. Given the fact that I'm using co2, should I be worried about the 100+ par levels at 12"?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Well, you can dim down that particular light, right? Though I guess if you dim down the fixture you can't really take advantage of the 24/7 function.

That dimmable feature is definitely attractive, and you can still plug it into a timer, just that it will be a fixed intensity for the on times.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you can dim down that particular light, right? Though I guess if you dim down the fixture you can't really take advantage of the 24/7 function.

That dimmable feature is definitely attractive, and you can still plug it into a timer, just that it will be a fixed intensity for the on times.
Yes you can dim it. I'm excited to see everything it can do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts