The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am slowing working my way up to a low tech 450 gallon planted aquarium build. its 96x36x30 it will hold Angelfish, Congo tetras, and a nice school of Cardinal Tetras. Filtration will be provided by a DIY 125 gallon sump with a moving bed filter from DIY king. I think for this build I will use some nice massive pieces of wood with a lot of anubias, java ferns, and bolbitis fern. The substrate will be a sand bed about 1 inch thing to accommodate my 2 dozen school of skunk corydoras.

Filtration will have a return around 3,000 GPH with a oceans motions hidden in the canopy to alternate flow. Lighting this tank I am debating on two 6 bulb t5s or just stick with two 4 bulb t5s since the tank will house easy to grow plants.

The main question I am worried about is dosing in this aquarium if I should or should not do it. I currently am running a 75 gallon high tech and a 30 gallon semi low tech tank.

Any thoughts?
Throw out any ideas that you think I like talking about dream tanks

Thank you,
Anchorboy

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
wow, sounds like an awesome set up!
what is your budget? if you have money to spend get LEDs
will you be wanting just anubias and ferns or stems? you might get away with slight dosing once in a while
or you could do a ton of root tabs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.