The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Looks good. Nice growth on the swords. Have you considered doing anything with the foreground, or leaving it open for the rams to dig?
To be honest, it looked like a 29g (or so) tank on the first view. That is, until I noticed how teenie the rams look. One thing that can help tanks seem larger is sloping the substrate up towards the back and/or using smaller leafed plants. It's just an idea though, so take it or leave it. I would definately get a background though. A solid black, blue or (maybe) white are always safe and help keep the focus on the inside of the tank.
-Ryan

p.s. How many bags of aquasoil did you need to use for that?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used two 33lbs. buckets of aquariumplants.com.
Yeah I wanted to put some kind of background but was'nt sure what to use.
The tank measures 48"L/24"W/30"h. I have 8 paired rams who lay eggs about
every two weeks. Its fun.
Thanks for your input Ryan, cool

·
Registered
167 Posts
Orlando I see a lot of potential here! I particularly like the style you have selected of all green plants in sharp contrast with no foreground plants and dark black substrate. Try to create some more levels for plants to grow on. Do the rams eat your plants and do you have any other fish in there? Great job and thanks for sharing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.