The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am after an all-in-1 pressurized Nano co2 kit for my 40l tank, I am looking for a complete hassle free set. I have seen a TMC Aquagro CO2 set but have herd the bottles run out quick and aren’t cheap to replace.
Anyone no of anything?

Regards
Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've kept Co2 dosed tanks for years, but now just keep low-tech tanks at home...

Best to invest the money and time on a complete C02 system. In the long run, you'll only be spending aprox.. $5-15 (Co2 refill) per 6-8 months (based on 40l tank). The Nano co2 kits out there are very expensive to keep buying the cartridges.

Also, I have mates that got into Co2 too quickly by getting these nano Co2 kits and they ended up giving up after a few months because of the costs, dissatisfaction with the quality (bad seals...etc). But importantly, they had to do some major maintenance and adjustments to their tanks after the Co2 was taken out. Algal issue is one major issue after the Co2 was omitted from the tank without changes to light parameters etc...

But if your really want to go to nano Co2 kit route. I've set up the Atomic Nano CO2 Kit by GLA in my 50 litre in my office. This is good for what it is. The cartridges are bigger - hence they last longer.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's great thank you, I have been running a DIY co2 set up for a while and feel I need to take a step up to allow me to do what I want to do with the tank.

Posted from Plantedtank.net App for Android

1 - 3 of 3 Posts