The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone recently posted regarding their 40G, but my requirements are slightly different.

For background, this tank will be focused on floating plants (frogbit or DWL) with some low light plants attached to rocks/driftwood. I'm going minimal substrate, like a single layer of gravel to make cleanup easy and avoid the look of bare bottom.

I'd like a single 36" light fixture, hopefully dimmable but not a requirement. It needs to be able to grow floating plants, but nothing else really. Not really concerned about budget, but I AM concerned about overlighting/algae. Perhaps I go with a Twinstar or something and just use the inline dimmer? My other tank has a Twinstar 1200SA which I really like, but that beast is BRIGHT - so I doubt I need anything with that sort of power. I've looked at the Fluval but the spread seems to be a problem and I'm not interested in crafting an ugly leg solution for it - I am not that handy.

Like I said, I only care about having a lush floating plant colony - opinions?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I know someone recently posted regarding their 40G, but my requirements are slightly different.

For background, this tank will be focused on floating plants (frogbit or DWL) with some low light plants attached to rocks/driftwood. I'm going minimal substrate, like a single layer of gravel to make cleanup easy and avoid the look of bare bottom.

I'd like a single 36" light fixture, hopefully dimmable but not a requirement. It needs to be able to grow floating plants, but nothing else really. Not really concerned about budget, but I AM concerned about overlighting/algae. Perhaps I go with a Twinstar or something and just use the inline dimmer? My other tank has a Twinstar 1200SA which I really like, but that beast is BRIGHT - so I doubt I need anything with that sort of power. I've looked at the Fluval but the spread seems to be a problem and I'm not interested in crafting an ugly leg solution for it - I am not that handy.

Like I said, I only care about having a lush floating plant colony - opinions?
First risers don't need to be ugly..
Don't know if it will fit a rimmed tank and as stated.. you only get ONE for that price.
Need a pair.
https://www.amazon.com/Hanging-Aqua...HIHIROS+AQUATIC+STUDIO&qid=1609806533&sr=8-11

Not sure why they are hard to find but a Chihiros801 is ideal.

There are 36" beamsworks w/ better spread than a Finnex by a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.