·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOV 06

Redline rasboras

DEC 06

FEB 07

A few people have been asking about it so I decided to clean it up a little tonight and take a photo of it. I don't really get to see this tank often since I'm always at my apartment and this is at my parents place. It was just something I slapped together 5 months ago before I moved out.

Comments?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
That is a heck of a tank for just "slapping it together"...nice planning and how it developed the way you intended it (if that is the case). Great balance and "flow" to the background and the driftwood. :thumbsup:

I take you're breaking this down (from your sns thread?) and trying something new?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha my definition of "slapping something together" is ordering wood, forgetting to soak it, waiting on backordered ADA items, waiting for the fish to arrive by mail, waiting for all the plants to come together while frantically finding places to store the ones I already had, then waiting a month, and finally putting it together on the day I move...........

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.

Just a side comment I have about my tank, after looking at the actual photo compared to the tank, I didn't realized that I somehow created an off center diamond with the scape. Does this attract your guys' attention like me?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm a fan of your scape. I like open foregrounds with sand, it tends to brighten up tanks. How is the E. angustifolia growing for you, and where did you get it from? I'm having trouble find this plant in the us.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Yeah, Looks great turtlehead. You did a great job with the driftwood and getting the mound type aquascape to work. That last photo is very Amano'esk. Your fish selection really complements the aquascape. How did you get the java fern to grow in the substrate? Did you just tie them up into rocks and place them? The depth of feild in the photo makes the tank look bigger.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts