The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 40B that currently has a coralife dual t5no on it. This light by itself doesn't give me a good enough spread across the 18" width so I'm looking into adding an additional light. I was thinking about keeping the coralife across the very back of the tank and getting a marineland double bright led to go across the middle. Would that be too much light for a low light tank though?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I don't think the Marineland LED fixtures are worth the money. I sold them for a while when I worked at an LFS and the thing about the Marineland LED fixtures is that they have very focused beams of light which create dark areas. Also, from what I have seen, they do not grow plants very well. I would go with a T5 HO fixture Have you looked into Aquatic Life fixtures? They are pretty affordable and I never had them come back to the store I worked in. The marineland LED fixtures would sometimes come back with burned out sections of LED's and when that happens, you are pretty much screwed because if you are past the 1 yr. warranty they are unlikely to help you and the LED's are not replaceable (unless you want to disect the whole fixture).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.