The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the board and currently looking for a few tip options for lighting. My current tank is a 20 tall with a mixture of low light plants and handful of red Ludwigia
. My 40b build is taking place as we speak and I need a good like source for low-high lighting very soon. What brand do you use, Fluval, Finnex, Beamworks, Nicrew?

I'm torn with a single led or running dual led strips. The option of 30-36" verses 36-48" strip lengths. I know most people will suggestion the Fluval 3.0 but I'd like to know what all options are which are worth looking into. Please share your thoughts and tank photo if you don't mind. Help me get my creative juices going. Thank you

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
At that price you are pretty limited to the lower tier of aquarium lighting. There are the light bars like beamswork, finnex etc and a few that have some control options like fluvals app etc. Another option is smart light bulbs which are cheap but require you to buy the fixture. If you stretched to 200 you could get a twinstar e series. A bit more and you could get a chihiros wrgb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.