The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all so i just set a new 40 gallon regular about 2 weeks ago. Right now im using a beamswork 48" quad super bright on it. Yes the light over hangs on the sides and yes its annoying but its the only extra light i had. So my question is would it be worth the effort to try and rig up a hanger for the light or hang it from the roof? Or should i just sell the light and get a 36" to fit? If i sell it what LED light would suffice as high light? Or atleast medium-high. I run a few finnex planted plus's on other tanks and they work well but id like to have a thick carpet in this tank. Any info would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Hello all so i just set a new 40 gallon regular about 2 weeks ago. Right now im using a beamswork 48" quad super bright on it. Yes the light over hangs on the sides and yes its annoying but its the only extra light i had. So my question is would it be worth the effort to try and rig up a hanger for the light or hang it from the roof? Or should i just sell the light and get a 36" to fit? If i sell it what LED light would suffice as high light? Or atleast medium-high. I run a few finnex planted plus's on other tanks and they work well but id like to have a thick carpet in this tank. Any info would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Hanging doesn't help the overflow really..
Anyways if you want moderate high light consider a 3w 2row beamswork.
W/ your tank it would be roughly 1/2 of this so somewhere around 65PAR at the carpet...

$75....
http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Lighting-EVO-Freshwater-Plant-p/56546p.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.