The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok am looking for a 40 gallion glass tank just wanted to know if there is some tanks that the glass isnt to green looking. i think i read some where that there is but cant seem to find anything like that.:help:

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Low Iron glass. Sold under a couple of different names. You will have to go to a custom tank builder to get it though. Make sure to take lots of cash.

Starfire is one name.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks rex so how much do u think a 40 gal will cost?? and is it worth it??

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
How much would it cost? About 4-5X more than a standard 40 gallon tank. At least that's what I recall. Is it worth it? That's for you to decide.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
That stuff is crazy expensive. Go ahead and buy something bigger. When you drop that much on a tank I'd make it as nice as possible. Maybe a 58 gallon?

ADA makes clear versions. A 60cm tank with clear glass is about $200. And it's rimless.

·
Registered
676 Posts
When looking from one edge to another edge through the pane of glass I can understand why you think it has a green tint, but in all honesty it's very un-noticable once the aquarium has water, substrate and inhabitants in it.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
True, but looking at a low iron glass tank is pretty incredible. It's amazingly clear, but maybe not worth the cost.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got low iron glass (diamante) for my 110gallon tank, I havent had it up and running properly yet but looking at it empty there is a noticable difference to the same sized tank that was being made for another guy at the same time i picked up mine but with normal glass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts