The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a 40B running with a cerges reactor. Forget about the price as I know the 40B is cheaper when $1/G sale. I am looking to consolidate 2 smaller tanks into one. I like the length that 40L has but 40B has more floor space. What do you think in terms of planting and co2 distribution on a 4ft tank? I am thinking of running 2 sunsun with spray bar and co2 via inline atomizer on both filters if I go with 40L. I didn't see many people or journal with a 40L tank.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hope i'm not thread-jacking....but could someone here tell me quickly exactly what a "breeder" tank is suppose to be? I mean, I know it is less rectangular than the "long" tank but specifically why is it called a breeding tank??

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I owned a 40B, and I like the depth too, so I want to try something different. Maybe I will end up setting 40B but having a wider tank makes my room smaller, thats why I want to use the length of my room instead, lol. What is 40L good for?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hope i'm not thread-jacking....but could someone here tell me quickly exactly what a "breeder" tank is suppose to be? I mean, I know it is less rectangular than the "long" tank but specifically why is it called a breeding tank??

I don't know how accurate this is, but someone told me once (a long time ago) that it was intended for breeding tanks, as opposed to show tanks. - show tanks being long and tall, to get a large window to see the fish in a living room or something, and breeder tanks being wide to get more surface area for gas exchange, etc. in a fishroom.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just purchased a 40B today because I love the dimensions (36x18x16 vs my 29's 30x12x18, which I felt was too tall and narrow). Seems I made the right choice. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.