The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been reading and poking around and finally took the plunge.

It started off with just gather the equipment I needed.

4gal Finnex tank
HOB filter
Marina Heater
GLA diffuser
GLA nano checker
Fluval co2 kit
ebay bubble counter
ebay marineland-esque light

this is what I came up with for my first aquascape:

Then I changed my mind because I was waiting for equipment:

Then I finally went with:

This is the FTS with water. I originally went with lily pipes and a zoomed canister filter but I didn't like the flow. So I ended up with a small hob filter.

And then the plants. dwarf hair grass for the moment. Still waiting for more to come in through the mail.

Hope you al like it. I'll post more as I add more. I love the look of a planted tank and everyone here has such great vision. Thank you for all the picture and the comments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At that high a bubble rate do those fluval's last more then a day? I do a much lower bubble rate and can barely get 3 weeks out of one.
I only turned it up that high to show the bubble counter and diffuser working. I am still experimenting with the bubble rate. I have it now at about 1 bubble every 2 seconds. I am a bit curious how long these will last. The co2 checker is currently at a nice green color.

Fortunately I buy co2 cartridges online, you can get 15 threaded cartridges for less than a dollar a piece.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.