The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now I'm running a 4 foot long ho t5 duo bulb fixture over my 5 foot long 100 gallon tank. I'm thinking the edges aren't getting as much light as I like and a new fixture isn't in the budget right now.

Currently my scape has large drift wood at both ends with plants and I try to keep the center on the clear side for swimming.

I was thinking what if I re-scaped everything starting at one side towards the back corner and left the front strip and right side totally clear. That way I can hang my light over the 4 foot area so the light is concentrated over the plants.

Does that make sense?
Do you think it will look alright?

Here's some current pics of the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah, that will work. i was convince it will work because most of your plants if not all are low light plants crypt java fern anubias. one more option i think is that you can raise your light and take a look at the coverage of the light. hope that helps

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
yeah, that will work. i was convince it will work because most of your plants is not all are low light plants crypt java fern anubias. one more option i think is that you can raise your light and take a look at the coverage of the light. hope that helps

Sounds like a very reasonable approach. Give it a try.

·
Registered
143 Posts
But do you think it can look good?
I'm thinking some stones to help define the planted area from the "beach" area would be nice but it would be hard to look natural
in my opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. might satisfy him in this case, just saying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.