The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. This is my first time setting up a planted tank. I have lurked on here for ~8 months now. I have been buying the pieces for this tank throughout the year and now that I have moved into my new house I have decided to take the plunge.

Equipment:

Tank: Mr Aqua 12 gal lon
Light: Current Satellite +
co2: Intense v2 with paintball adapter
Substrate: ADA amazonia ~11L
Scape: 15-20lbs of seiryu

As of now I have the hardscape set up. I also have a huge amount of HC cuba planted every ~1cm in a grid to help promote a carpet.

As of now I only have a picture of the hardscape will add more as the dry start progresses. The roots of my HC are huge as I emersed grew them my self for a while. I am waiting for some AR mini and S Repens to come in to for background/focal spots(red). I want to keep this tank simple yet elegant thats why I stuck to minimalistic themes and will only have 3 plant species (ar mini, s repens, HC).
As for livestock I will plan to have RCS and some other shrimp possibly, and maybe a school of otos but definitely a school of celestial pearl danios.

Thanks for watching guys and please feel free to leave any feedback/critique/advice! I am truly excited to begin this.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:

Flooded today after I added some AR mini and a couple stems of S. Repens. Will propagate the repens but only trim the ar mini. Gonna cycle for a while until I start my shrimp colony. My question regards the light, Current sat +

Does turning down the RGB lower intensity? or does only turning down the white? I want to know incase I have to adjust intensity to avoid algae later.

Attachments

·
Registered
975 Posts
I don't have experience with the sat+ but on the 24/7 the par was very minimal on the rgb. Only a couple par when each color was selected individually and put to max. I'm sure you can find a review on YouTube that will give you par for each color.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
What are you water parameters, like KH and GH? Those are fairly important for shrimp. I would also think the seiryu stone is bumping up the KH a bit so you gotta be wary of that.
As for fish, what sizes are you thinking? If you're going small I would suggest Boraras briggitae and Celestial Pearl Danios. They're my 2 favourites so I probably suggest them to everyone, although I've never owned the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.