The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! I currently have a Tetra 3g that's sitting on my desk and it's currently planted with a number of java fern's some sort of moss (can't recall) and some anubis. I originally purchased a TOM Aquarium Perch-Light Fixture 9W which was working fine without any issues with the plants. However being about a year later the bulb needs replacing. I'm trying to find an LED clip on lamp that I could replace this with. I've seen the Wave Point lamps and thought about doing one of those for the price point. I could go with either their 6" length model or the 12" ones, the tank is 10" wide so the 12" would only overhang by 1" on each side, which won't bother me. One thing to make note of is that a center backed clip on works the best, as I was looking at the
, but as it clips on the far left (as viewed by looking at the tank) the cover on the tank would not allow it to connect and be centered over the tank.

Tank specs:
Tetra 3g 10"x10"x10"
Tom's 9W Clip Light
Eheim 2211 Canister Filter

Or does anyone have any better recommendations for lighting?

MICRO SUN LED CLAMP LIGHT (0.25W LED's) either the 6” 3-watt Daylight Micro Sun LED Clamp Light, or the 12” 6-watt Daylight Micro Sun LED Clamp Light.

MICRO SUN LED HIGH OUTPUT CLAMP LIGHT (1W LED's) either the 6” 8-watt 6500k Daylight Micro Sun LED High Output Clamp Light, or the 12” 16-watt 6500k Daylight Micro Sun LED High Output Clamp Light

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. 81 views and no idea's or thoughts about this?

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a fugeray r on my 3.5 gallon bow front tank by truaqua. while the light itself is nice, it is way to strong for my tank. and i don't know why the arm is off to the left, so ugly :thumbsdow they should have centered it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts