The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ah, I want CPO's so bad...but I've never seen them at the LFS, and I just cannot justify the big bucks to buy a pair online. Not to mention the ridicule that spending that money on a little crawdad thing would bring on from family members and friends. So awesome though.

You have some nice looking inhabitants, and plants in there.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Those look like peacock gungeions <sp?>. Love the tank!
Yes, they are Peacock Gudgeons.

Little crayfish of cuteness!!!

Ah, I want CPO's so bad...but I've never seen them at the LFS, and I just cannot justify the big bucks to buy a pair online. Not to mention the ridicule that spending that money on a little crawdad thing would bring on from family members and friends. So awesome though.

You have some nice looking inhabitants, and plants in there.
Thank you very much guys! I really wanna go back tomorrow and get some more CPOs. I'm in love with them. I just gotta persuade someone to take me there right after school.

I was lucky enough to find them for $8 each. I might as well get 3 more for their price.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I love the Gudgeons. LOL. They are pretty good. Although mine, they kind of harrass new fish for like 20 seconds and just give up. One thing though, most of them need to be fed live food, but I was lucky enough to purchase some that ate flakes.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Update: January 31.

So far, nothing has changed with the tank. I've been noticing that there isn't much growth in terms of my Vallisneria but I'm noticing they are still sending out runners. Not really sure what that's all about.

I'm loving my Hygro Compact. Here, the picture will explain. Bronze leaves and and white outer edging? Awesomeness.

I'm also extremely happy with my Tiger Lotus. There is ony leaf at the aquarium surface and another one just right behind it. I kind like it. It works great with the height of the tank.

This my Honey Gourami. I have two of them. Both pics are the same fish. The second picture is the Honey Gourami in a breeder trap. He has been weak since I got him and he kept getting sucked onto the filter intake so I just put him in the breeder trap while he gets stronger.

Female Peacock Gudgeon:

CPO:

Full Tank Shots:

Lastly, my betta's 2.5. My betta isn't doing well and I feel it's the neglection that I've had. Although he sits next to my bed, I rarely turn the light on. So, I placed him on my desk. He's having trouble swimming and I'm not sure how long he'll last.

I just want to give my betta my deepest apology for some neglection.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am also a 38g tank owner! Havent seen a lot of them. I keep rainbows in mine, M. Boesemani, M. Lacustris, M. Maccullochi, and G. Incisus. I also have a lone clown pleco in there. I love the lava rocks you have, and the crayfish. I looked online for the crayfish with no success, where did you find yours?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Don't you have to worry about the crawfish catching and eating your other fish? And how large do they get? My boyfriend wants one so badly for the tank, but they only have them at PetCo and I am not sure what kind they are or what their habits are.

Your tank is looking nice! I really like the Tiger Lotus

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I am also a 38g tank owner! Havent seen a lot of them. I keep rainbows in mine, M. Boesemani, M. Lacustris, M. Maccullochi, and G. Incisus. I also have a lone clown pleco in there. I love the lava rocks you have, and the crayfish. I looked online for the crayfish with no success, where did you find yours?
They are called cambarellus paztcuarensis. Hard to find.

Don't you have to worry about the crawfish catching and eating your other fish? And how large do they get? My boyfriend wants one so badly for the tank, but they only have them at PetCo and I am not sure what kind they are or what their habits are.

Your tank is looking nice! I really like the Tiger Lotus
The cray fish hasnt caused any harm to my current fish. actually, im not sure but there doesnt seem to be any fish thats been eaten.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Got a couple of questions for you.

1: How well did the Peacock's do with your Cherry Red Shrimp?

2: Did the CPO's go into your planted tank? I've only ever kept electric blue crays and they eat all plant life in SIGHT!

3: Along the same lines as above, my electric blue's ate anything they could catch. Are the CPO's similar?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
so do u wanna pic me up some CPO's and ship them to me lol
I ended up getting the last two. So now I have three!! Yayz!

Got a couple of questions for you.

1: How well did the Peacock's do with your Cherry Red Shrimp?

The Adult red cherry shrimps were fine for a few months, but the last two I had got eaten by the Peacocks. I wouldn't recommend mixing them but it is doable.

2: Did the CPO's go into your planted tank? I've only ever kept electric blue crays and they eat all plant life in SIGHT!

CPOs don't eat plants or fish. They did go in my planted tank. I have 3 now.

3: Along the same lines as above, my electric blue's ate anything they could catch. Are the CPO's similar?
Nope. I did see my CPO munching on one of my new Habrosus Corydoras. I assumed he was dead and was a weak stock because I have 7 out of 8 that are still alive.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Current stocklist:
5 Harlequin Rasboras (Bumping up to 10)
2 Peacock Gudgeons (Bumping up to 4-5)
4 Pencilfish (Not gonna add)
1 Guppy (Not gonna add)
7 Habrosus Corydoras (Bumping up to 12)
3 CPOS (Bumping up to 5, I need a male)

Future additions will include:
The increas in schools and a pair of Apistos (or subsititute for more Peacocks) and a group of about 6 Tetras or 12 Boraras Briggittae.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Hey that looks great Chris.

That looks like a "velvet heart" Philodendron over there on the left. I have some of that going and it does real well.

It seems that people have had mixed results with begonias, but maybe you will do alright with that one that you have.

Do you still have those cambarellus? Those are super cute.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hey that looks great Chris.

That looks like a "velvet heart" Philodendron over there on the left. I have some of that going and it does real well.

It seems that people have had mixed results with begonias, but maybe you will do alright with that one that you have.

Do you still have those cambarellus? Those are super cute.
Thanks hydro!

The philodedron is growing well without gravel. I think I'm gonna buy another planter package that way I can grow it in a gravel planter.

The begonia is loosing most of it's leaves but hopefully they grow back. If it doesn't lost very long, I think I'm gonna go get the begonia rex.

I don't have the CPOs anymore and I haven't see new ones every since from the LFS.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
The philo will probably grow best if you fill the planter cup mostly with hydroton, then cap with a layer of finer gravel. If you order another 3-pack of planters please include a note and I'll add an extra little bag of hydroton to the box.

You could do well to grow some things on trellis rafts too. That fittonia is a real good one for growing on a Nano Trellis Raft.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts