The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gonna be an updated journal of my 38g. It's been a regular aquarium then transformed into a riparium then downgraded to an aquarium again.

Here are some update photos before I rescaped it this past weekend and a memorial for my deceased Orange Sailfin Molly.

Current inhabitants include:
1 Pearl Gourami
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Farlowella Catfish
10 Neon Tetras
7 Black Neon Tetras
4 Bolivian Rams

*stocked, and maybe thinking about adding either 5 more Neons or 3 Platies

And this is after the rescape:

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's an impressive bubble nest your gourami made. Do you have a hang in the back filter or a canister filter? I'm wondering if too much surface agitation will prevent the fish from making their nests.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a canister filter, actually the output of the canister filter is about 6" beneath the bubblenest but it's pointed towards the other end of the aquarium so the bubblenest stays untouched. Also, a lot of small leaves get stuck right where the bubblenest is so it helps keep it together. I'm wondering if I should attempt to breed him with a female and see how it goes. I just don't want to get a female and it end up being a male.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Real purty looking Chris! Nice fish shots as well!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Jake!

Every time I see your username, I instantly remember my riparium and how much I missed it. For me it was a lot of work as I didn't have much plant selection and didn't have enough light.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Love the scape it looks very natural. and bolivians are awesome! Any updates?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts