This is my first post on the forum. I've been reading for a few weeks and have learned a lot, but as can be seen, I still have a lot to learn.
This is the 'before' picture. The 'after' picture will have to wait, I'm moving the tank in about 2 weeks. This tank has been set up for almost a year, but I'm only getting serious about the plants right now.
I just ordered my first set of plants from the "Swap n Shop," what I have now came from LFS. AzFishKid is sending me a package this week. I wasn't sure what I was buying at the time, but have since looked them all up and like what I bought.
A few of the existing plants in aquarium are fairly new, but the Swords on the left have been there about 6-9 months and just don't get any bigger (as is the case with most of the plants I have). I recently changed one of the bulbs in my Nova Extreme (2 x 39w) and started using Excel today and am hoping to finally stimulate some growth.
For the next two weeks, I'm just experimenting - because at that time, I'm moving this tank from basement to living room, right next to our new fireplace. I'll redesign everything at that point.
Here is what I'm using/doing right now:
- 38G Tank (3' x 1' x 19.5" high)
- Nova Extreme HO T5 lighting (2 x 39w) + Basic fixture that came w/tank (1 x 25w) = 103w (2.7 w/g)
- Whisper EX70 HOB Filter (I removed carbon)
- Circulation = Just added Koralia Turbo Pump (rated 400 GPH)
- Substrate = Flourite
- CO2 = CO2 Bio-System from Red Sea (similar to DIY) + Excel
- Ferts = A few tabs in substrate and 'Sera Florena' liquid fert
- Water = RO water - enhanced with Kent Marine R/O Right + pH Stable
- 10% Water Changes Weekly
- Java Fern
- Java Moss
- Amazon Sword
- Some other Sword
- Banana Plants
- (Rest are yet to be identified)
- - 3 small stems of Blyxa japonica
- - 20+ stems of Rotala rotundifolia
- - 4 stems of Ludwigia repens
- - 1 anubias (sorry, don't know what type - good size! 7-10 leaves)
- - 2 stems of Limnophila sessiliflora
- - 1 very small portion of flame moss