The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have kept aquariums on and off since I was a kid. This, however is my first planted. Its been up for about 3 weeks. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Im new to this.

LIGHTING: Aquatic life T5HO 10,000k, 6500k
EQUIPMENT: Aquatic Life power head, Aqueon heater, Aqueon filter 50
C02: ISTA pro kit
FISH: 13 Neons, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 algae eaters, 2 barbs
PLANTS: Anubias, java fern, java moss, different swords, different grasses, and some others I cant that were recommended at the LPS

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a small amount of typical new tank green algae on the glass. I fertilized about 4 days ago with flourish along with a small dose of seachem macros. still trying to find the right balance. going through a mini cycle right now from the upgrade to a larger tank. ammonia is at 0 but my nitrites were around 1ppm before todays 30% pwc. been adding prime on occasion to lessen the adverse effects of the nitrites. plenty of nitrates so hopefully this stabilizes soon..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: A lot of new growth. added some bacopa, a moss ball, some new manzanita and a few grasses. also added 8 cherry shrimp, which are my favorite to watch (if i can find any of them).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.