The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50x30x30 Tank, 300lph skimmer and a canister with 800lph. 4 Bogwoods are used and they leak up dozens of tannin. Light is a Kandila S-600 30 Watt, distance around 8cm from water surface and is on for 7 hours a week. Substrate is just typical dirt substrate with sand and gravel.
Plants: Bucephalandra Mini Coin, Microsorum Pteropus Trident, Regular Microsorum, Hemianthus micranthemoides, Sagitaria vlativila, Eriocaulon sp Japan, Vallisneria gigantea, Vesicularia ferrei, Unknown plant that looks like hydrocotyle that i pick up on my local waterfall (it thrives tho) and Co2 with 3 bps.

Day 1. Arranging the plants and weighing down the hardscape
Day 8. Algae, copepods and microworms spawing. I didnt kill them because they looked kinda cute and they probably eat algae anyways. Waterchange for the first time. (I purposely didnt water change because i wanted to see how much algae would grow)
Day 14. Algae are gone, only a few which i trimmed them. Waterchange
Day 16. Got really bored and decided to rearrange hardscape to a triangular one
Day 19. Vallisneria is taking over and so hemianthus. Waterchange
Day 25. Fish was added. (Albino Pleco x2, Danio tetra x4, Sterbai cory x2, Poecilia Sphenops x4 and some 3cm black pleco x 5)
Day 30. Everything is going pretty well. I have NEVER killed any microorganisms like worms or copepods. I found some hydra but i just left it there since it was also cute. Waterchange
Day 35 or 36 idk. Tested my ammonia, it was 0.3ppm. I have a sand path inbetween gravels, and i have to clean it every 5 days because my corys would just disturb the substrate, ended up moving both of the corys.
Day 40. Bruh, my cousin accidentally poured a whole 20g worth of fish food into the tank. While i was gone.Day 41. Ammonia was 4ppm. I purposely let them and it was 2ppm the next 4 hours, just in case i literally dosed 3x10g worth of powdered beneficial bacteria to combat the ammonia or whatever it is.
Day 42. Water was cloudy and i didnt mind about that. Ammonia was 0.2ppm
Day 45. Just like day 30. Going really well. And im not going to trust anyone with my planted tanks ever, I have 3 experiences with this.

I have 3 experience of not trusting anyone else on planted tanks
  1. Dude flooded the whole house after forgetting to close water on doing weekly water change for a day,
  2. My dad left the light for 16 hours because hes asleep on day 8 which led to green dust+some random algae i purposely left.
  3. My cousin poured 20g worth of fish food and didnt clean them on day 40.
Keep in mind, I am using diy co2 but with professional equipment. whenever i ran out i just waterchanged 50-60% of them because my tap water has huge amount of dissolved co2 (my fish werent suffocating)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Day 46: Bought some Limnophila Sessiflora because they looked cool. added some more Bucephalandra and Moss. Trimmed Hemianthus.

I found my giant danio tetra died. but atleast I found 5 new danio tetra offsprings in the hemianthus bushes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Day 47: Found some really weird branch that is wrinkled and full of Black Beard Algae. Trimmed it. Added 10 Amano Shrimp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Day 47: Found some weird algae growing on moss. Immediately trimmed it and did a 80% water change and Vallisneria is going nuts and new runners everywhere. This is the first time I have ever seen so many pearlings on my tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts