The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may be getting a 90g tank on tuesday with the mentioned dimensions, plan on keeping larger fish that may be a little harsh on plants but won't keep me from putting them in there. was wondering if anyone had any ideas for stone that i could get for pretty cheap, i originally planned on some red and natural turface for the substrate and alot of lace rock since it will aid in filtration and looks awesome for the price and if done correctly,

I'm going to put the lace rock together in such a way where there will be alot of archways/caves, looking to make a sizable mountain just to the left or right of the center of the tank, currently the only plants I have planned are nicely potted amazons that i will mature before adding the bigger fish, currently they are in with my baby jack dempsey and for some reason he feels like they are food, more power to him feeding himself and all.

Looking for Ideas on anything, I also have a piece of wood I might add in between the lace rocks.

any opinions welcomed and appreciated I can't wait to set this up, entering the realm of the monster fish/planted tanks, no fish should be without a nice environment =p

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Being in Cali you guys should not have to pay a penny for rocks. Just go for a hike and collect some interesting pieces :) You can also try in a local landscaping shop. Cheap and good pieces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.