The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few problems with my cube, so I had to decom the tank. Made a new tank and started a new project.

Here's the specs:
Tank:36x25x30cm
Lighting:24w PC
Filtration: Aquaclear 20 modded with a surface skimmer
Substrate: peat, laterite, black gravel and Amazon sand
Hardscape: Redmoor Wood and Seiryu Stones
Flora: Java Fern ”narrow leaf”, bolbitis heudeloti, anubias nana, anubias nana petite, fissidens fontanus and Riccardia chamedryfolia.
Fauna: Celestichthys margaritatus, otocinclus sp. and Neocaridina denticulata sinensis var. red.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Very good job on the tank!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
2 weeks are gone since the set-up. So far, no major issues with the tank inhabitants, and my RCS female presented me with at least a dozen shrimplets.
The bad thing, it's about the GH, that keep rising (my water it's about 6º and now it's about 12º), due to the use of seiryu stone, and some plants are having some problems to adapt, like bolbitis and my mosses (mini-pellia and phoenix moss).

Today's pic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So what do you plan on doing about the GH?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,
Got some news to share :D
I went to my lfs what a lovely sight. Some really nice fish to have - boraras brigittae. Brought a small group of 6 home. Added as well to the nano a killer snail.

Swimming free after conditioning.

crystal black shrimp in housekeeping

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello,
Got some sad news :crying: .
For an unkown reason all the boraras brigittae died and with that almost took with them all my crystal black shrimp colony. Just got one shrimp left.
Started with big wc to keep ammonia levels to acceptable levels for shrimp and fish.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
So sorry to hear about your fish and shrimp, but the tank looks phenomenal! I imagine if I had to die today and I was a fish or shrimp, I'd want to die in a pretty place like that.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts