The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everybody

recently started doing planted tanks , but very enthousiastic about it ,i would like to present you my second tank ,a low tech one which main purpose is shrimp's breeding ,due to its specific needs the plantation is quite minimalist .its been planted quite recently so there still are many things to do ,a lot of small details that will make it look like more natural are not done yet.

tank:30*30*40 ,36 Liters
filter:eheim ecco 2232
light:13W
co2:no
fertilisation:no
soil:red bee sand
extra:montmorillonite

plants:
- X-mass moss
- microsorum
-bolbitis heudelotii

there is the tank ,there,s nothing spectacular about the plantation but i thought that the mix moss/rocs was interesting .more moss should appear soon between the rocs in the canyon .

and a shot at night ,where i just keep a background light just for the room's ambiance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steven ,Typically ,thank you for your welcoming .

Steven what do you think about the rocks placement?took me a while to find an interesting lay-out;)

ps:you were right about my 240L tank ,i changed the lay-out and it looks much better now (at least i think so ,i'd like to know what you think about it),thank you :D ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I like that rock arrangement and the contrasting size of stones you're working with. Gives the tank a much larger look to it. And the moss coverings are superbly placed.
Actually everything I see there looks great and well placed. :proud: :proud:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The stone arrangement is dynamic and interesting-- I think you did a really good job, especially since taller tanks are not easy. I like the use of small stones in the "stream."

I'd just warn you that bolbitis is rather big for this size. Even in my 60 x 30 x 36, I usually don't even think of using it.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
If you look right into the valley, you can almost get tricked into believing that it is not under water. The height illusion is great. Overall it looks like a scene that would occur if you smashed a Dr.Sues image with a Lord Of the Rings image, kind of like a "never ending story" type look. The wood gives that super cartoony look and the rock and the moss is very fantasy. Im excpecting to see like 3 moons hovering above that scape.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here are some news ,added a few more plants ,looks a bit more natural now ,just have to wait for everything to grow ,i thik it is better now ,what do you think?

2 shots with different focus ,i like the first one better ,need some help to choose one of the 2 ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts