The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently setup a 29g (30”) for raising fry. After raising the cory’s to a descent size I’ve decided I’m not sure I want to continue that process. I currently have a 20h and a 155bow that are planted and I will be moving everything from the 20 into the 29 and using the 20 as a hospital tank/q-tank.

I built the lights for the 20h and while they worked wonderfully I’m ready to try t5ho. The best setup for the money ive found is the fishneedit setup. I really like the reflectors. The only problem is that the fishneedit fixture only comes in 24” or 36”. So what I’m looking to find out is how bad would a 36” fixture look over a 30” tank.

I’m prepared to somehow diffuse the light that will be hanging over the side if necessary. If the larger light will be horrendous I will have to go to my second option and that is the Nova Extreme x2 light.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
A 29 gallon tank can grow almost all plants with just a single AH Supply 55 watt bright kit. Their reflector is 22 inches long, enough to spread the light from the somewhat shorter bulb all over the tank. And, the price is good. You do have to supply the enclosure for the kit, or buy one from them, but they supply excellent light. That makes a lot more sense than having a light overhang the ends of the tank.

You do need pressurized CO2 when using that much light though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess i should mention that i have pressurized co2 and i dose ie. I've gone the cf route before and i would like to try out the t5ho. I think i've figured out that if there is too much spillover i'll just cover the ends of the lights in between the bulbs and the arcylic shield. Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.