The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently setup a 33 gallon planted tank. See below for my stocking list and let me know if this would be too much or if you have other suggestions.

Currently have:
x6 Neon Tetras
x6 Cherry Barbs
x4 Mystery snails

Wanting to add:
x6 Neon Tetras (for a total of 12)
x4 or x6 Cherry Barbs (for a total of 10 or 12)
x1 Bamboo Shrimp
x1 Blue Devil Shrimp
x3 Dwarf Gouramis (1 male 2 females)

Purple Entertainment Gadget Flat panel display Rectangle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a local fish store, but haven't yet checked if they have gouramis. I know they have quite the selection though.

Would it be more advisable to go with just one male gourami?

I mostly want the tetras and barbs for schooling and have 1-3 centerpiece fish.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I would go with 8 each of barbs and neons and then you could probably get away with a trio, just keep an eye on them, especially if they are powder blues. Honeys are the least aggressive (generally) and powder blues the most (generally) I have maintained tanks with dwarf gourami but have not personally kept them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had both a regular and powder blue dwarf gourami male. They both could not be kept together in same tank, heavily planted 50 or 75. Tried them each with the two females In the 55, beat em up pretty bad, took weeks for them to heal up. They even went after the young angelfish I had in another tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could go with honey gouramis, they are a bit smaller and the less aggressive of the gouramis. Thats weird the male beat up on the females. Everything I've read/watched says they do well as groups if done 1male to 2-3 females.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.