The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i'm converting my 33 gal plastic plant tank into a planted angelfish tank. yay!!! i've never set up a planted tank before, but it looks like it'll be fun...

my questions is, is there any type of low maintenance (no CO2 and low light (could upgrade to medium light!)) plant i could use to cover the bottom of the tank? i was looking at dwarf hair grass but i'm worried it won't do so well without co2.

also, i'm open to any suggestions on other types of plants that would do well in an angel tank. i'm looking to keep the tank very green :)

thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Java moss is usually easy to find and cheap. Sometimes the local fish store here likes to give away some they have it in almost all their tanks.

I am noticing hair grass is quite a bit taller than I though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do grow a java moss carpet? or a moss carpet in general? i have java moss but it floats. the only way i know how to make it stay anchored is by attaching it to drift wood or wrapping around rocks...

i will look into pygmy chain sword and dwarf saggittaria, thanks! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Crypt wenditi worked for me. Mine only grows about 2-3 inches tall and forms a pretty dense ground cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.