The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reset up my 33 long recently and I am unsure of how to stock it. I do have some ideas. When it was previously setup, I had about 20+ guppies in it.

I was pondering the following fish, White Clouds, Cherry Barbs, Neon tetras, Bloodfin tetras. And possibly Guppies again.

Obviously not necessarily ALL of those fish in there, but those are just general thoughts I was entertaining. I thought about doing just a straight up White Cloud tank and adding 20-25 of them. Maybe Neon tetras and a school of Cherry barbs? At one point, I had 10 Guppies and 12 Golden White Clouds and it looked pretty sweet. Sadly the 4K White Clouds all died out for whatever reasons I am not sure of. Possibly too high temps.

I am also planning on adding like 10 Amano shrimp, but, obviously that doesn't add much to the bioload.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'd go with neon tetras and bloodfin tetras plus shrimp. The neons and bloodfins like similar parameters, and the shrimp don't need the heater but will do fine in it.

You could do about 12-15 of each fish type and then have a small army of neocardenia and a few amanos.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd go with neon tetras and bloodfin tetras plus shrimp. The neons and bloodfins like similar parameters, and the shrimp don't need the heater but will do fine in it.

You could do about 12-15 of each fish type and then have a small army of neocardenia and a few amanos.
This would be great, but I am reluctant to add Cherry shrimp as I have had them get ate in the past, specifically by Neons.

I do love Neons though. Back when I had my 55 setup years ago, I had 20 neons and it looked awesome.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I like white clouds. They do prefer slightly colder temps, but I keep mine with a colony of neocardinia at 72° and they are spawning so it might be more than temp. If you provide enough hiding spots the shrimp population should outbreed predation. I have about 300 neos and my clouds don't make a dent in the population.

Other fish considerations: a pair of Sparkling Gourami or Celestial Pearl Danio?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
My 33L has white clouds and amano shrimps. I'm hoping to get a paradise fish again soon (had two that got sick and are gone now). I miss having the one larger fish in there that recognized his keeper. Mine's an unheated tank or I would try rams or maybe a few acaras. Used to also have some guppies in there but my favorite was always the paradise fish.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I decided to take the White Clouds back to the store so I can stock the tank with something else. They are kind of boring to me personally IMO. That and also they don't school at all. I picked up 10 Penguin tetras just as a shot in the dark. They seem pretty cool so far I suppose. I would like another large school of something else though. Not sure what yet. I would prefer Guppies.. but nobody around seems to have them in the colors I like :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.