The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am planning out my 33G planted south american project. Footprint 32 X 14.
My goal here is to have close to zero aggression and fin nipping. I keep Malawi Cichlids and have enough of that with them!

I would like to keep the following...

-Cardinal Tetra school
-Hatchetfish school
-Corydoras trio?
-Apistogramma pair
-Rubber Nose/Bullnose Pleco

I would like to add another tetra that is full bodied and peacefull that will inhabit the lower to mid range. Any suggestions?

Thanks
S

·
Registered
42 Posts
cories, pleco and hatchetfish are harmless although honestly ive never kept them so dont know all the situations but they dont seem agro at all. Cardinals are awful fin nippers when they get going, weird but true. Appisto pairs can become evil during spawn and sometimes generally. The most placid apistogramma I know are solitary bolivian rams and dorsigera. My male agazzi is pretty relaxed but if they spawn you better have a 30+ gallon tank else someones going to cop it. try tiny fish like dwarf golden barbs or green neon tetra, micro rasbora, the silver + gold (neon tetra?) dont nip either. If you were to bliss out id get a shoal of tiny fish, the ottos and a solitary bolivian ram. if you get a pair of apistos then hatchet fish, silver/green neons (some pecking) and maybe the pleco (pecking only when spawning). ps all apistos need a well established tank of 7-8 weeks. some need acid 5-7 ph some dont eg rams dorsigera (B rams are really tough). best beginner plants are floaters like amazon frog bit, SA fish love them. you can get amazon sword as well its pretty easy, best just cheat on the whole bio-tope thing in my opinion. get hygrophilia species they are solid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a slight change of plan. This new tank will be a joint project between me and my wife.
We decided to go with a 43G corner tank. Fluval Venezia 190.
Also, the wife really wants an angelfish.

Here is our revised stock list.
1 Angelfish
6 Black Phantom Tetra (2M:4F)
10 Cardinal Tetra
10 Rummy Nose Tetra
6 Panda Cory
1 Ancistrus

Any comments good or bad?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.