The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having problems in my planted display tank lately and the seachem rep said she thought I was using way too much seachem cure, dry form of prime, to condition my water.

I asked how much I should use and she suggested 320 milligrams for an 80-100 gal tank.

My scale doesn't go that low. What would that look like? A pinch?

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Seachem - Safe

50 g

Use 200 mg Safe (scoop) per each 200 L (50 gallons) as needed to reduce chlorine and chloramine or per 50 L (13 gallons) for ammonia.

All other sizes

Use 1.25 g (1/4 tsp.) for every 1,250 L (300 US gallons) as needed to reduce chlorine and chloramine or use 1.25 g (1/4 tsp.) for every 300 L (75 US gallons) for ammonia. For precise dosing, use the Seachem Digital Spoon Scale.

May be added to aquarium directly, but better if added to new water first. If adding directly to aquarium, base dose on aquarium volume. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. To detoxify nitrite and nitrate in an emergency, up to 4 times normal dose may be used. If temperature is > 30 °C (86 °F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low, use a half dose.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Seachem makes a handy little digital measuring spoon for things just like this fyi!
The same digital spoon is available for a lot less on Fleabay.
I mean you can pay 20.00 because Seachem is selling it or the same exact thing for 5.00
Digital measuring spoon.
:nerd:

I've been having problems in my planted display tank lately and the seachem rep said she thought I was using way too much seachem cure, dry form of prime, to condition my water.

I asked how much I should use and she suggested 320 milligrams for an 80-100 gal tank.

My scale doesn't go that low. What would that look like? A pinch?
I emailed them and got them to send me a little spoon they USED to sell in the bottle. It is quite tiny. Very shallow. No idea on the exact measurement but I just throw in a level whatever that is per 55g seems fine.
Ignore the tetra photobombers they do it constantly.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Order a $10 gram scale from ebay, or get one locally if you have a headshop. No serious aquarist can operate without one. How much weight can the spoon read. A good gram scale can do about 20g, with most accurate readings in the centre of the scale ... about 10g.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Well look at the size of my little seachem issued dosing spoon and think that leveled is probably overdoing for my 55g tanks.
Safe is super concentrated.
Makes already concentrated Prime look like water comparatively. Good chance yes you were way overdosing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.