The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aloha,
My 30gl Oceanic cube has been running for over 10 yrs straight and sadly due to neglect most of the corals have gone to coral heaven. In the end, only thing thriving was the algae. So over the weekend I tore the whole tank apart and venturing into planted world.

Here's what my cube looked couple years ago.

Took me a few days and now a clean slate to work with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got 2 bags of Flourite black and couple extra Seiryu stones that I didn't need for my other tank. I'm also waiting on some more substrate, ADA Amazonia, and some more stones, dragon stones.

Next up is the fun part with rockwork and redoing all the piping.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I'd mask off the whole tank and respray the rear wall with something like Rustoleum - Plastic spray cans..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got all the plumbing done and just finished all the rock work late last night. Added about 10 lbs of dragon stones, couple bags of Flora Max, and 9lt of Amazonia.
Just received a ton of Buce plants that I ordered from buceplant.com. They were great and you actually get some big plants from them and extra ones as well. I highly recommend them if anyone is looking into getting buce.

Here's how my tank looks so far with rock work done.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
N, I meant, spray the black panel in the rear... maybe its one of those things which is more apparent in a photo than real life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts