Neither had the guys at the LFS - but it has some fantastic coloration and I figured that if I could boil the hell out of it and waterlog it, why not?Never heard of anyone using grapevine before
There have been reports of "grapevine" deteriorating underwater faster than other driftwood and reports that it lasts just as long as any other driftwood out there.Yes.
Some speciality places sell awesome looking huge pieces sandblasted.
Soak good, they may need a little help keeoping them down initially, but after a few weeks/months, they get water logged.
Glad it won't hurt the fish. My grapevine waterlogged in only minutes, thoughReading online the grapevine intially will mirk/milk the water, that's apparently the tannins coming out of it.
I found this quote on another forum, can't link it but i will quote it, it's specially in regards to if grapevine is safe to use in an aquarium from 9/19/05 so take it with a grain of salt-
There have been reports of "grapevine" deteriorating underwater faster than other driftwood and reports that it lasts just as long as any other driftwood out there.
Do water changes or take it out to soak seperately until it stops leaching and it should be fine. No indications the leaching/milkiness is bad for the fish though.
Yes but when its producing so much that I literally cannot see my fish, its a problem hahathe snotlike bacteria are nothing to worry about and is perfectly normal. its actually a good snack for many fish, all driftwood does it. its the bacterial elements coming out of the wood.