The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
I was fooling around with a 26cm version of that light on my Mini S. Mine had 36white and 6 blue LED. It grew the moss (of course) and the Blyxa (well, but without color). I think you would be borderline on the HC with the 30cm size. Maybe try asking AFA.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got mine in yesterday and was pretty disappointed. It has 54 LEDs but you can't even tell that it's on if it's next to the hampton bay 27w desk lamp. I think my single LED flash light puts out about the same amount of light as this fixture.

I think I'm going to call afa and try to get a refund because I don't think this light is good for anything other than really low light plants.

I've been thinking about the clamp on 27w but they come with 10k bulbs so they'd have to be replaced

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
I just got mine in yesterday and was pretty disappointed. It has 54 LEDs but you can't even tell that it's on if it's next to the hampton bay 27w desk lamp. I think my single LED flash light puts out about the same amount of light as this fixture.

I think I'm going to call afa and try to get a refund because I don't think this light is good for anything other than really low light plants.

I've been thinking about the clamp on 27w but they come with 10k bulbs so they'd have to be replaced
What size tank do you have it on?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have 2 on my ADA mini-M and HC is growing well so far. AFA said that two would be as bright, if not brighter, than their 27W compact fluorescent, but after having it for awhile I doubt that. I feel like I need to get one more to satisfy me...
1W LED with lens is about 3W PC
so 3W LED with lens is about 9W PC, you have 2 set of LED(I assume without lens) so they are lower than 18W PC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.