The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 30c had been ignored for a very long time. It was very much do for a full tear down and cleaning. Finally found the time to do it.

Here is my first scape from a long time ago which grew out of control and looked terrible...

New scape...

Planted...

Filled...

That crap in the middle is holding down the HC mat until it roots in a few days. I have to get my paintball tank re-filled. Thought it was full but I was wrong. Running an AC20 for filtration until I can figure out something better. Overall Im much happier with the new look and I'm hoping it grows in nicely. I've found scaping is very much like other things where practice really helps.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like this scape, it looks really nice, and it is quite unique. It would be really awesome if you could get the HC to hang over the cliff.
The HC almost all melted. I've never had ANY luck with HC but I think I figured out the issue was my water is waaaaay to hard. Like, 30+gH. I've started using RO water in this cube and the HC stopped melting and I can see re-growth. Hoping it comes back.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The HC almost all melted. I've never had ANY luck with HC but I think I figured out the issue was my water is waaaaay to hard. Like, 30+gH. I've started using RO water in this cube and the HC stopped melting and I can see re-growth. Hoping it comes back.
Holy cow that is crazy high. Mine doesn't get above 6. It runs around 2 or 3 during run off season.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy cow that is crazy high. Mine doesn't get above 6. It runs around 2 or 3 during run off season.
Yeah, no matter how much ferts, Co2, or light I threw at HC before it always melted. Could never figure it out. Decided the only parameter that was way outta control was the hardness. Seems to be the issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.