The Planted Tank Forum banner

341 - 343 of 343 Posts

·
Captain
75g, 40g, 20g
3,663 Posts
My 10, 20, & 30 are 3" thick too. Tried the whole hose and beating them against a wall but was a PITA! So I resorted to stomping. Lol The 40 is 1" and still mashing it is the best.

Wish I could find a big ole ultrasonic cleaner to dip these in! LOL

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
So, I have these boxes of grapes and.......
never mind ;-)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like what my 40ppi 1" foam water was when I rinsed mine. LOL I won't lie, all my foam is rinsed in hose water on the driveway folded in half with water running on it and me stomping it barefooted like I'm mashing grapes into wine till the gunk runs mostly clear. But I do that as I have other bio media in my sump. Which that I only "flush" in the tank water before draining the sump for a water change. Basically shake the crap outta it to get the poo off. Lol
This is the way. I wash my sponges & floss in regular tap water because I'm not concerned about maintaining the bacteria there, and tap water is much more convenient. You only need to use dechlorinated water for the K1.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Quick update - the one-two punch seems to have worked fairly well. I have not lost any fish yet and the large amano are still in the tank. I haven't not found the small amano yet but I am fairly certain they all turned into fish food/were lost to the overflow. I cleared out the Ludwigia and replanted the ozelot swords to give them some room to spread out. The ludwigia's (while not as bad weed as the rotala indica) spreading roots were really annoying to deal with in mass and were covered in algae. Plus, they were cutting down the flow quite a bit. Some of the swords had to be trimmed due to melting/being torn up.

The good news is with everything cleared out I see both of my plecos are still doing well!

I have some more cleaning to do. Long term I think I am going to removing the dwarf sag...it is really is difficult to siphon without pulling it up.

341 - 343 of 343 Posts