The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at work, I take precedence over a 300 gallon bubble front tank and I need some help. Currently I am having trouble Deciding on fish to put in it. I'll say now that i aim for SA fish/certain CA cichlids when I do my tanks. Currently it houses 6 Red Hook Silver Dollars, 1 Rotkiel Severum, 4 Clown loaches(Boss likes them in there) 1 Satanoperca Leucosticta, 1 Vieja Argentea, 1 Green Dragon Bristlenose Pleco, and 1 Flagtail Prochilodus.
So my question, what are some other very eye catching, uncommon SA fish that are all level swimmers if possible. Can be 3"-12". Am looking for more Pleco ideas, preferably algae eaters, not aufwuchs. Don't want alot of bogwood because of the tannins.

Tomorrow I put my three Geo. Brasiliensis into the tank. If the bioload seems large then...it might be. I have a habit of overstocking and over filtering. I will post pictures soon.

Please help me out and thank you for any replies.

·
Registered
760 Posts
A tank that size.......gotta love Datnoids. I had them in my 210 for a while. I love the fish, but I like the schooling fish better, and unfortunately, that just equals food for dats.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
A school of big tetras sounds like it might work well to "fill out" the tank. Some large Buenos Aires tetras might work?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else got info or thoughts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like the Thorichthys idea I know where i can get some too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts