The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I think it looks very good! One thing I would suggest is to smooth out the substrate thats in the foreground, and if wanted, you could plant a carpeting plant. If not, it would still look really good.
For fish, I think you should do a good sized group of Black Neons

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking 15 black neons an 15 rasboras. Or ahould i just do one big group. And i ordered glosso and it never came so i will be calling them and planting it soon. So great suggestion because that what i was thinking exactly!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I'm no expert, so please take my opinion lightly :)

Maybe you could fill up the empty spots where the "ground" is visible with more plants and stuff...the middle looks a little bare...

...but maybe you don't even want to go for the more bushy look?

Besides that I like plants, they look good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am actually planting glosso to cover the whole ground. i ordered it but it didnt come with the shipment so its coming wednesday. i wanted the "walkway" type of look so i plan to have both sides come together more than they are now. as they grow it will look better i believe. and i appreciate all opinions, negative positive or neither.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That is a very nice tank. Maybe you could add some swords or other tall green plant to go in the center background to hide the heater?

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you have a canister filter then I definitely recommend getting an inline heater. It makes the tank look so much better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what heater would you suggest?
i also want the glass inflow/outtake filter pieces from ada but theyre so expensive. maybe down the road

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would go with the Hydor ETH 200 or 201. They're really the obvious choice unless you have a Rena Filstar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i am actually planting glosso to cover the whole ground. i ordered it but it didnt come with the shipment so its coming wednesday.
I'd like to see how that turns out once you cover the ground.

i wanted the "walkway" type of look so i plan to have both sides come together more than they are now.
Maybe you could put like an arch over the walkway, like an entrance or something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE:

well the Limnophila hippuroides did not make it. instant brown and just fell apart. pretty gross actually. the cabomba shot up like crazy so i think im just gonna spread that along the whole left back half. all the plants have grown pretty quickly. pearling like crazy. need to get a powerhead because the left side is standing still for the most part which may lead to some algae outbreak. also, think i may switch the rotala roundofila (sp.) with the nesaea red so there is a distinct difference between the rotala and the stargrass. also it will be closer to the golden rule. well heres the tank with planted glosso. let me know thoughts!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very interesting, at first it seemed very "non-aquatic" like a garden with the rock bordered plant areas. But you mentioned you wanted the walk way kinda feel. Your plants look great. Good job

1 - 14 of 14 Posts