The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this fixture before? My current 20L lighting (2 coralife T5NO fixtures) is starting to crap out on me and this is on sale for 75 bucks at my LFS. Any negatives about it?

I'm also looking at the 30" fixture from Catalina as another option.

Either way, I'm planning on suspending the fixture, which one would you recommend?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't but I'm curious to know if it's any good. Right now I'm looking at a Coralife Freshwater Lunar Aqualight T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 4X54W, 48''

Here's the stats on it:

The Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 4X54W, 48", combines two Colormax and two 6700K high output T5 lamps with directional moonlight LEDs—making this the perfect light for freshwater planted tanks.

Features:
4-T5 High Output 54W Lamps included—two Colormax & two 6700K
Directional LED moonlights
Separate power cords for individual control of sets of lamps and LEDs
Quick disconnect ballasts and a cooling fan
Adjustable mounting brackets included
Powder-coated aluminum housing and acrylic splash guard
Dimensions: 48" X 9.5" X 2.5" high (4.75" high w/ mounting brackets)

What I was wondering is, are moonlights even needed for a freshwater aquarium? I've got a 75 gallon freshwater and this will be my first venture into the realm of a planted aquarium. With a 75 gallon being so wide from front to back I figured I'd need at least 4 6500k bulbs to get decent lighting. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forums Owl! I wish I had enough space for a 75 gallon.

I don't think moonlights are really necessary for the plants, but I've heard that it helps in breeding fish? I'm gonna try to get a DIY moonlight rig for my tank, mostly because I wanna see my fish at night, lol.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So...uh...any comments on the 30" fixture? I've read that there's a lot of restrike since the bulbs are so close together, but I'm not too worried cuz that would bring me way over what I'd ideally want, anyway...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.