The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind of mine gave me some rocks from his old tank, without thinking I ran water over it and put it in the tank and after about a week I noticed my bottom feeder had white spots on it and he was acting funny, pretty soon my barbs started getting the bumps and within 2 days the 3 barbs died and my bottom feeder died:angel: :angel: :angel: R.i.P Fishies..But here's the thing I'm wondering I still have my 3 Gourami's and another bottom feeder and none of them have the white bumps is it possible that they will not get sick? :confused: I did get the Super Ich Cure and just put it in today, will that get rid of the ICH in my tank? is it safe to buy new fish and if so when? do i need to get rid of my tank decor? :confused: Someone please let me know some of these questions. Thanks alot

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ich will already have existed in your tank whether or not they can be visible. Increase the temperature of your tank to 30 degrees Celsius and treat the fish with meds according to instructions. Don't buy any more fish until you can eliminate the ich. Treatment should be done for 2 weeks minimum. Never stop in less than 2 weeks. You are liable to get the ich back again once the fish becomes stressed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I increase the temp?

The current temp of the tank is 78 Degrees is it safe to elevate the tempature to over 100 Degrees? and if so How do I get it warmer? is there tank heaters i can buy? Thanks for the reply:proud:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
The current temp of the tank is 78 Degrees is it safe to elevate the tempature to over 100 Degrees? and if so How do I get it warmer? is there tank heaters i can buy? Thanks for the reply:proud:

I am having trouble taking you seriously, but I will respond to this giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll. DONT bring your tank to 100 degrees, slowly raise it to 82-84 degrees. YES, you can buy a tank heater:confused: .

·
Registered
439 Posts
I am having trouble taking you seriously, but I will respond to this giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a troll. DONT bring your tank to 100 degrees, slowly raise it to 82-84 degrees. YES, you can buy a tank heater:confused: .
I think he was miscalculating the centigrade to farenheit conversion.

Ryzilla: Low temperature is your problem. Ich likes the cold.

What you could also do is raise the temp to 86-88, and the ich should be gone within abiut 72 hours. Instead of buying ich medication, use the money for frozen bloodwords or mosquito larvae, which the fish will devour greedily as the elevated water temp speeds up their metabolisms.

My everyday tank temperature is 82-84 and my fish (and snails) are very active, and constantly hungry. (The plants, however, seem to prefer temperatures in the high 70's.)

Even out of curiosity, don't raise the temperature to 100. I had a heater fail in the "on" position and the water got to 106. The fish I managed to rescue never recovered from the experience. It did, however, kill all my algae. :icon_lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts