The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone my Name is Tom I live in NJ. I’m looking forward to participating in your community. I started this tank about 3 Months ago. I wanted to do this sooner but I just have not had the opportunity.

The tank is a 29gal tall

lighting AI Prime 16HD

Filter Oase Bio Master Thermo 250

Co2 system CO2 art with inline diffuser

shiruba surface skimmer

ADA Amazonia

ADA Powersand advance

ADA Clear super

ADA tourmaline bc

I will update again soon with additional details and a the history of how the first 3 months have been

2hr aquarist daily 3 pumps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fun start. Looks like you could add a bunch more plants in there especially with all of that ADA substrate you are using. Welcome to the forum.
Yes I do need a bunch more plants. This is my first go with a planted tank and I’m not really sure what else I want.

Any suggestions?

thank you for responding

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Yes I do need a bunch more plants. This is my first go with a planted tank and I’m not really sure what else I want.

Any suggestions?

thank you for responding
I’d start with taking a look at the tanks you admire the most and use their layouts as a guide to the plants you would like to keep. But personally I love crypts and water ferns and less demanding plants but it’s your own journey and you will learn a lot along the way. I’d say take a look at different nature aquarium layouts as a jumping off point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts