The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Yes it should be enough.
Agreed. If you plan on having a lot of hardscape elements then it will definitely be plenty as well. Soil doesn't need to be really deep to create a dramatic slope impression...even subtle sloping looks very nice. Clean substrate lines, healthy plants and good execution are what makes all the difference.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have asked if it will leave me at least 3" of substrate in the tank. I found this formula to use. L x W x 3 / 61.

For a 5.5 gallon tank it would come out to 16 x 8 x 3 = 384/61 = 6.29 liters of gravel. So I would essentially need 2 bags. I'd be better off buying a 9 liter bag for $30 versus buying two 3 liter bags at $14 a piece.

Takashi needs to ditch that metric system.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I should have asked if it will leave me at least 3" of substrate in the tank. I found this formula to use. L x W x 3 / 61.

For a 5.5 gallon tank it would come out to 16 x 8 x 3 = 384/61 = 6.29 liters of gravel. So I would essentially need 2 bags. I'd be better off buying a 9 liter bag for $30 versus buying two 3 liter bags at $14 a piece.

Takashi needs to ditch that metric system.
Or we need to ditch our customary system so we can correspond with the rest of the world!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.