The Planted Tank Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I know it's been a while, but I figured I'd end the year showing a current pic of the tank. I got tired of the Bolbitis heudelotii taking over and was going to start fresh, but instead I removed it and the wood it was attached to and left just the seiryu stone. I pushed the two stones together to make one island. The stone is pretty much covered with a fusion of anubias, buce and moss. I added some Eleocharis montevidensis as a backdrop.

I might redo the tank "next year" or go to a larger tank. I'd like to go larger now, but probably moving in the next year and don't want to start a big project just to take it down so this will have to do for now.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I added some Eleocharis montevidensis as a backdrop.

You had just commented in my journal about the Montevidensis, and you have me convinced with the way it looks in your tank. Let me know what you see after trimming the ends =)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Have you noticed any browning on the ends of the Eleocharis? On a different note, does this propagate via running like other Eleocharis species?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, beautiful tank. The rescape definitely looks better. Did I spot a Australian amano shrimp in one of the pics? Great job!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Have you noticed any browning on the ends of the Eleocharis? On a different note, does this propagate via running like other Eleocharis species?
Well it's been two weeks and no browning yet. It does spread via runner, but so far they have been close to the mother plant.

Bump:
Wow, beautiful tank. The rescape definitely looks better. Did I spot a Australian amano shrimp in one of the pics? Great job!
Thanks much! Is that what it is, LOL. I wasn't completely sure, but it seems to be indentified as such by several sources now.

161 - 172 of 172 Posts