The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have White Clouds and just love them. But what temperature are you keeping your tank? They like cooler water, I keep mine at about 72F.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You can get some very pretty platys, and they are rugged fish that breed like guppies. I enjoyed them when I had them.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dude- before you put anything else in the tank make sure you ammonia test. If I recall this is a relatively new tank and it could be an ammonia spike that is killing your dianos- Don't put anything else in the tank until you can be sure you're not going to kill them.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude- before you put anything else in the tank make sure you ammonia test. If I recall this is a relatively new tank and it could be an ammonia spike that is killing your dianos- Don't put anything else in the tank until you can be sure you're not going to kill them.
After a long nap I decided I was going to rtuern them, get my water tested, but just get my money back. I beleve my snails will start cycleing my tank.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good idea. Best to find out what's killing danios! They're tough little buggers. Not as tough as snails though. Maybe someone needs to start a business selling pond snails as tank cyclers. :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Maybe someone needs to start a business selling pond snails as tank cyclers. :)
I got enough damn Ramshorns, need some? :hihi:

I didn't know your tank was fairly new. The suggestion to let it finish cycling is a good one.

Have you ever seen those "Dwarf Sunset Platies"? Those little guys are pretty darn cool if you ask me. Petsmart has them for like $1 each. Says they can live in a 1g (don't try it!) so they must stay pretty small.

As for your White Cloud question, I've kept 4 of them together for about 9 months now. No problems at all *knocks on wood*. They even survived my cycle, which at the time I knew nothing about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts