The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a honey gourami that refuses to eat no matter what I offer.

I have tried omega first flakes, color flakes, spectrum small fish pellets, aqueon flake, wardley flake, encapsulated brine shrimp eggs, live black worms, live blood worms, frozen blood worms.

The gourami spends most of its day attacking the sides of the aquarium of sorts. I suppose it could be seeing its own reflection.

The water is pretty good. I do 50% water changes weekly. It is semi densely planted. Amm=0, nitrite=0, nitrate = 5ppm, po4=2ppm (could this be a problem for fish), PH 7.2, KH = 80-120 (tetra test), GH=75

·
Surrounded by Blyxa
1,543 Posts
He will get hungry and eat. Don't sweat it. If you are determined, get some tweezers and hold the food in the water column where he can see it and you can get his attention. My gourami likes that game so much now that every time the tweezers go into the water for trim work, he follows them around the tank biting my hand.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He will get hungry and eat. Don't sweat it. If you are determined, get some tweezers and hold the food in the water column where he can see it and you can get his attention. My gourami likes that game so much now that every time the tweezers go into the water for trim work, he follows them around the tank biting my hand.
Thanks for the encouragement and tips! He at least put something in his mouth today even though he spit it back out lol.

I have tried to dangle a piece of flake and worms in front of him and he acts mildly enthused like you expect me to eat this?! Lol.:icon_bigg I don't think so buddy I want a pizza with extra pepperoni! Lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.