The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 3 questions. Forgive me for my noobiness. lol

1. I am looking to upgrade my lights and am trying to decide between a aquaticlife t5ho dual buld and a catalina light thats compact florescent with 4 65w bulbs and moon lights.

2. My tank is 60gal and has 2 hoods with a divider in the middle. Will the divider hurt anything with one 48" light over the top? Seems like it would cause a shadow.

3. Do you keep an open top tank or would it be better for me to get 2 glass tops to go over the water?

·
Registered
696 Posts
1. I am looking to upgrade my lights and am trying to decide between a aquaticlife t5ho dual buld and a catalina light thats compact florescent with 4 65w bulbs and moon lights.
I'd go with a T5HO set up from catalinaaquarium.com with suspension eye hooks and each bulb on a different switch/cord for lighting options (call them, they will customize any fixture). I have 4 catalinaaquarium.com fixtures and really like them.

2. My tank is 60gal and has 2 hoods with a divider in the middle. Will the divider hurt anything with one 48" light over the top? Seems like it would cause a shadow.
The divider will be fine....

3. Do you keep an open top tank or would it be better for me to get 2 glass tops to go over the water?
Depends on your fish. ALL my tanks are open top except for the tanks that have jumpers, I have glass tops on those tanks which house fish that are jumpers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.