The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually my first tank that restarted this hobby over a year ago now. I had never had a planted tank before, and so this tank started out with plastic decorations and plants.

9-24-15

The Betta that started in this tank (also my avatar) was named Comet he passed earlier this year, seemed likely to be of old age (he was large when I brought him home, as well as the water parameters being good)

Eventually I decided that I wanted to plant the tank, but when you are just starting out you have very few plants, my first attempt at planting this one was:

susswassertang, and a little bit of moss tied to the plastic decoration. It never really took off or did much of anything. I was also starting my 10g All-In-One at the same time.

Around 8 months passed with no photos taken, but I changed the scape, planted crypts and added a new Betta to the tank (after losing comet)

The Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red were started from a Tissue culture pack, and they have grown a lot sense adding them to the tank, The Betta is a female named Guardian that I had in a refuge tank attached to one of my 10g. From when I thought I was going to start a sorority tank.

This tank is mostly in a maintenance mode at this point, and it is low maintenance at that, I top off the tank every few days, and every couple of weeks I do some light cleaning/water change. I'm happy with how this tank is, this is also the tank I see the most of, it sits right next to my bed, as well as my computer desk.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Guardian is such a cutie.

I like her tank, but if it were my tank, I would pick out a few taller plants for the back, just to fill things in a little more and give Guardian more places to hide and play.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I just haven't found or seen the right plant for the back of the tank yet.

There is only a depth of 7.5 inches (left side of the tank), and 6 inches (behind the rock).

I'm open to suggestions for background plants. This is a low tech tank and I don't dose anything, Probably medium light with the finnex light i'm using.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree, I just haven't found or seen the right plant for the back of the tank yet.

There is only a depth of 7.5 inches (left side of the tank), and 6 inches (behind the rock).

I'm open to suggestions for background plants. This is a low tech tank and I don't dose anything, Probably medium light with the finnex light i'm using.
L. Repens would work and add some color to the tank as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts